UniversityRooms.com has availability in over 400 university colleges and student residences in 75 cities around the world. We fill rooms during the academic year and in the summer vacation that would otherwise be empty.
For travellers and groups, this presents an affordable and convenient accommodation option, an opportunity to experience life within a university and benefit from use of the facilities.
This website is part of the SpeedyBooker Network (SpeedyBooker.com Ltd, 27 Eland Road, London SW11 5JX, Company Number 8846588). We process over 50,000 bookings per year on behalf of bed and breakfasts, hotels, hostels, university residences, holiday rentals in 17 countries.
We use the highest quality security software to ensure all customer and payment details are locked up, safe and secure.
How come I can stay in a University?
For universities, every summer a mass of rooms are vacated when students move out. Also, there are independent student residences which often have rooms empty during the academic year. A mixture of single, twin, some double and family rooms, many with ensuite bathrooms are available on a bed and breakfast or self-catering basis.
Sign up your University or College
If you are a university or a college and are interested in hearing more about our service, please do not hesitate to contact us. We would be delighted to provide any additional information about our service and answer any questions you might have.
If you are a student or traveller and would like to see your university or a new city added to our service, please do get in touch. Over the next few years we hope to gradually add more colleges and universities throughout the world. We are committed to both a long-term relationship with our universities and the long-term success of this service.
Partner with us
If you would like us to share our room availability with your website, please get in touch and we can investigate setting up a partnership.
In the Media
If you are a member of the press and would like to write an article on us, we can provide information, set up a visit or stay, and send high-res photos. Please contact us.
UniversityRooms has recently enjoyed coverage in several major publications. Here are a selection:
- "Stay in an Oxford college and dine in one of the country's grandest canteens without that dreary business of passing exams": The Sunday Times, 12th April 2009.
- "More Oxford University colleges are now offering out-of-term rooms. Sally Shalam checks in for a taste of life on campus": The Guardian, 18th April 2009.
- "B&B university accommodation: Getting an education in thrift": The Mail on Sunday, 31st May 2009.
- "Bed, breakfast, and dreamy spires at Oxford University": ViaMichelin, 15th June 2009.
- "University Stays: the easy way to get into Oxbridge": The Daily Telegraph, 20th June 2009.
- "Enjoying Rez Life in Oxford": The Globe and Mail (Canada), 27th June 2009.
- "A night in Oxford": Time Magazine, 8th August 2009.
- "Plenty for your Oxford Scholar": Sydney Morning Herald (Australia), 6th September 2009.
- "Imperial College summer accommodation": About.com, April 2010.
- "Fiona Duncan reviews Sidney Sussex College, now open for bed and breakfast during holidays": The Sunday Telegraph, 9th May 2010.
- "In Britain, Dorms Have Summer Jobs": New York Times (United States), 29th July 2010.
- "Bed en Breakfast op de Universiteit": De Telegraaf (The Netherlands; Dutch language), 4th August 2010.
- "Cambridge University Rooms: worth a punt": Mail on Sunday, 6th September 2010.
- "Oxford, the city of Spires, Punts and Colleges": Epoch Times, 15th September 2010.
- "Logieren geht über studieren": Die Zeit (Germany; German language), 21st October 2010.
- "University Rooms Discloses Dorms around the World": Frommers (United States), 21st June 2011.
- "Could finding vacation accommodations at a university save you money?" Stretcher.com (United States), 10th August 2012.
- "Cheap summer lodgings at Universities": FrugalTravelGuy.com, April 2014.
- "Cut costs by renting rooms in uni halls – it’s far cheaper than hotels": Good Morning Britain 29th May 2014.
- "University rooms: the best budget accommodation in summer": Telegraph, 3rd July 2014.
- "University accommodation offers budget breaks in the UK": AOL Travel, 29th July 2014.