Age of child/children
Texas A&M International University, situated in the heart of South Texas, boasts an ever-expanding number of modern amenities. TAMIU’s relatively young campus provides the best in cutting edge facilities for your visit. Situated on 300 acres of scenic South Texas natural habitat, TAMIU provides a beautiful park-like campus, noted for breath-taking sunsets and starry nights. Our award-winning staff will serve you with the highest standards of professional service. Our mission is to tend to your comfort and exceed your expectations. Rooms are mainly available as casual accommodations during the summer vacation period.
In 1970, students were accepted at what was then-called Texas A&I University at Laredo. Originally a branch of Texas A&I University at Kingsville, the university only offered junior and senior level course work in the disciplines of education and business. The upper-level University was later expanded to include graduate degree programs. In 1977, the University was renamed as Laredo State University. As it grew, its scope widened and an expanded faculty was recruited to deliver new programs. In 1989 the University became a Member of The Texas A&M University System and was named Texas A&M International University in 1993.
Ojeda House is named after Alonso de Ojeda, a Spanish navigator, governor, and conquistador. Born in Cuenca around 1466, Ojeda came from an impoverished noble family. He was fortunate to accompany Christopher Columbus in his second voyage to the New World in 1493. Ojeda successfully distinguished himself there through fair treatment and daring in battle with natives. He then returned to Spain in 1496.
At this time we are not able to include any meals in the price of the rooms, but there’s no need to go hungry. TAMIU offers a number of on-campus eateries including Subway, Starbucks, and Bene’s Pizzeria. Guests are also welcome to use the communal kitchen areas to prepare their own meals. Don’t feel like cooking? Don’t worry; Laredo is home to wonderful authentic flavors from around the world. Great cuisine is around every corner when you walk the streets of Laredo.
The Helen Richter Watson Gallery - the Gallery replicates Watson’s welcoming Houston Street studio, which openly mixed works of art within her home setting to create a gathering space where an artist celebrated, lived and worked her art daily. In addition to the artist’s works, visitors will find an impressive array of works by artists who were Watson’s colleagues, friends or artists whose works she collected.
The Lamar Bruni Vergara Planetarium - touted as one of the most sophisticated planetariums in the State of Texas, the planetariumis a one-of-a-kind space located on the campus of Texas A&M International University. The planetarium is open to the public for shows, star-gazing events, field trips, and private functions. Discover the Universe at TAMIU.
The Lamar Bruni Vergara Memorial Garden - enjoy fresh air and scenic views as you tour the campus.
Experience nature right outside your window. Located on the park-like Texas A&M International University campus, our residence halls provide an experience like no other. With its long list of amenities, TAMIU residence halls are the perfect gathering place, whatever the reason. Large grounds, multiple common areas, and flexible spaces make our halls ideal for conferences, receptions, reunions and much more.
Just minutes away from the Laredo International Airport and located within driving distance of many cities of interest such as San Antonio, Corpus Christi, McAllen and Brownsville, TAMIU residence halls are ideally located no matter what your plans entail. Laredo also boasts a wide variety of local entertainment for all ages and interests. Please see “Local Points of Interest” for additional attraction information.
- In-room micro fridge
- Free high-speed internet
- Swimming Pool with Sun Deck
- Community center
- Lounge with big screen lcd television
- Television/study lounges on each floor
- Presentation room
- Community Kitchens
- Sand volleyball courts
- Outdoor grills
- Lit basketball court
- Billiards room
- 24/7 laundry facilities
- Free Parking
- On-site resident assistant staff
- On-site management & maintenance
Also available through Texas A&M International University
The possibilities are endless when you book with TAMIU residence halls. Have it all in one place, why go anywhere else. Coordinate your event through our office and allow us to open up the doors to all that Texas A&M International University has to offer you and your group.
Facilities at a Glance
- Student Center Ballroom – capacity 800
- Student Center Room #236 – capacity 186
- Student Center Rooms #120 & #230 – capacity 40 each
- President’s Dining Room – capacity 20
- Western Hemispheric Trade Center Ballroom – capacity 350
- Western Hemispheric Trade Center 116 – capacity 115
- Western Hemispheric Trade Center 103 – capacity 45
- Western Hemispheric Trade Center 125 & 126 – capacity 25 each
- Center for the Fine and Performing Arts Recital Hall, Gallery capacity 819
- The Lamar Bruni Vergara Memorial Garden - offers a setting for outdoor events.
- Student Center: the Student Center houses a ballroom, theatre and meeting rooms. The ballroom can be configured to hold banquets from 100 to 450 persons, and lectures from 300 to 800 persons. The theatre can hold a maximum capacity of 186, while the conference rooms and meeting rooms can hold 20 and 40 each respectively.
- Western Hemispheric Trade Center: frequently home to national and international conferences. The ballroom can hold 350 persons, the two auditoriums can hold 115 and 45 respectively, and the conference room can seat 25 persons.
- Center for the Fine and Performing Arts: the CFPA consists of the Recital Hall, gallery, black box theatre, and auditorium. The maximum capacity of the recital hall is 819.
Please select dates to view availability for this location
21st century buildings
Free broadband access (wired)
Pub (a short drive)
Museums (a short drive)
Golf course (a short drive)
Recommended restaurants (a short drive)
Theatre (a short drive)
Check-in: after 3pm. Check-out: 12pm.
Getting to Laredo by air
Laredo International Airport, 5210 Bob Bullock Loop, Laredo, TX 78041. The following airlines service the Laredo International Airport:
- Allegiant Air with flights via Las Vegas, NY and Orlando, FL
- American Eagle with flights via Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
- Continental Express with flights via Houston, TX
Laredo is served by Interstate Highway 35, U.S. Highways 59 and 83 and Texas Highway 359.
Minimum Booking: 2 nights