Southside Guest House at a glance
• Privately owned and operated
• Recommended by many Travel Publications and On Line Travel Sites
• Victorian Town House built in 1867
• Great location on the edge of the Old Town between the Meadows and Holyrood Park, ideal for walking to all landmarks
• Eight individually designed bedrooms with character
• All bedrooms en suite
• Quality linen, toiletries and welcome hospitality tray
• Award winning breakfast all inclusive
• Non-smoking house
• Free Wi-Fi (fibre optic speed)
• No lift!
Southside Guest House Edinburgh
Southside has had the pleasure of welcoming guests from all over the world and our horizons have certainly expanded. People have so much more in common than some of the world troubles would lead us to believe.
The guides and online travel sites have been good to us and we continue to strive to meet and where possible exceed expecations.
We are not a 5 stars hotel but do try and provide comforts and enhancements, , and some of the little touches are appreciated by many guests staying at Southside.
Our location is one of our great strengths and whilst there are many excellent Guest Houses further out, we sit right on the edge of the Old Town with everything close by...including some great restaurants and really nice pubs.
We pay a lot of attention to breakfast and cannot understand why an increasing number of establishments are downsizing breakfast and even Jove's forbids going totally continental. A proper British breakfast is an institution (alongside Black Cabs and Red Phone Boxes - the latter being replaced by ugly looking structures) and we fly the flag! We offer of course an excellent selection of fruit, bakeries etc. to cater for all palates. Guests on a Vegetarian and Vegans are well looked after!
Check in: 14:00 (2:00pm) - 00:00 (12:00am) (arrivals may be allowed outside this window if your travel plans can't be adjusted however this is subject to availability)
Check out: Before 00:00 (12:00am)