In 1891, the Worshipful Company of Goldsmiths re-opened the former Counter Hill Academy and reopened it as The Goldsmiths’ Company’s Technical and Recreative Institute. Almost 20 years later and into the new 20th Century, the University of London acquired what is now officially called Goldsmiths’ College.
Casually known as Goldsmiths, the college specialises in arts and humanities degrees, with alumni including artist Damien Hirst and Hairy Biker, David Myers.
Two halls of residences are open to the public:
347-351 New Cross Road,
Dean House is based in New Cross and is a two-minute walk from campus. Boasting 19 self-contained flats, each with five en-suite bedrooms and a shared kitchen.
Loring Hall’s nearest tube station is New Cross Gate and offers 55 self-contained flats, all rooms have en-suite facilities.
Don't forget to write!